The Whiskey Drinker

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

 After visiting my Father in the hospital (He had lung cancer surgery a few days ago), I went to the hospice for duty.  It was on the way home and I needed to do something good for someone else!  











 I visited with an elderly lady, and she told me some great stories about back in the day.and she said that "when she was drinking whiskey and "cutten" up she never got sick." She said that she knew how to drink with the best of them!  That her was her story and not mine.  I don't encourage the consumption of the devils water at all.   She was a real hoot! 

 I sat with another patient, but he was incoherent.  Even though a patient cannot speak and seem asleep, it is possible that they are aware of someone else in the room and maybe can even hear.  So I sat with him for awhile so he would not be alone.



 There was a young man crying in the hallway.  I spoke with him and lightly  touched his back to comport him, but he did not want to talk.  That was a shame, it is always helpful to talk about our grief, but it is very difficult.

Do you know of a whiskey drinker?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop
August 28, 2009

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts