A Night to Read

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

  A very quiet evening at the hospice.  It's the evening after Christmas.  I spoke with a elderly family member in the kitchen.  I did  chores, like making some coffee, cleaning, filing the kitchen with napkins and plastic utensils and the like.



 I then went to a room and talked and read to a male patient there.  He was a young cerebral parsley patient.  The nurses told me that he likes it when people read books to him.  He could not speak but I read to him for about two to three hours.  Until my voice started to give out.  He really enjoyed to attention that I was giving him!



There was also a Hispanic family with the mother downstairs and a premature baby with some brain problems upstairs.  The same family.

Have you ever read to someone?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop
December 26, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts