The Bloodhound Trainer

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

 It was very busy this Saturday evening.  I came in at about 5:30 and the place was full of family and friends of our dear patients.  After doing a lot of household chores, I took a break in the family room.  A patient and his family came in to watch the Nebraska/Oklahoma football game.  I visited with them for a while till more of his family arrived and so made a graceful exit.



  I then spoke to the nurses, then visited with a patient upstairs.  The patient was asleep, but his son was there and seem to need some company.  He was very interesting, he was a bloodhound trainer and worked with the police of a county Southwest of here.  He had several hours of stories to tell, very interesting guy.

He described how a bloodhound would work a trail.  He said that if you could imagine a trail of talcum powder on the ground, that is what a bloodhounds nose would tell the dog!   Every time I see a bloodhound on T.V. now, that's what I see.  Dogs get far more information about their soundings from their noses than any other sense.



Do you know of a bloodhound trainer?  Can you tell me about them?

Brother Roop
November 7, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts