It's Hard Work Being A Caretaker

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in the downstairs break room talking with this little Christian lady with a beautiful smile.  We sat there for about two hours talking about all kinds of subjects.  With both of us being Christians, we immediately connected.



One of the things that we talked about is that care taking for others is hard work!  Here at the hospice I meet as many care takers as I do patients, sometimes more.  So  I do a lot of talking with care takers.

My wife has had seven major operations in seven years and I have been her care taker for all of this time.  I work about sixty hours a week at work, then come home to work some more.



She told me that when her mother had gotten sick and could not take care of herself, she retired from her job to care for her.  Because in most situations care taking is a full time job!

It would have been much easier if I could have retired to take care of my wife.  But Sally could and she did a fantastic job.  Doing the hard work and making all of the hard decisions.  It's hard work being a care taker!

Have you ever been a care taker?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts