I'm Ready To Die

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the hospice in the downstairs break room talking with a wonderful little Christian lady.  She was not even five feet in height and of a delicate thin build.  She was very nice and had a beautiful smile.  Her name was Sally.



We had a long conversation at one of the small tables.  She had told me about being her mothers caretaker and all of the hard decisions that she had to make!  She had the Power of Attorney and was present to make the decision.

One day her mother said to her, after a few difficult years, "I'm ready to die!"  The lady was in her nineties and was in ill health for a few years.  Her mother was just tired of struggling with her declining health problems and just wanted to die!



Sally then told me that her sister, whom lived out of town, disagreed with her mother's decision and Sally's approval of it.  So much so, that she didn't even want to meet her when she arrived at our hospice.  I told her that she was her mothers caretaker and she would know best.

Have you ever been a caretaker for someone else?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story feel free to click on the "follow" button so that we don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts