Home To Die

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the nurses station chatting with the nurses.  One of them was preparing some medication.  They then mentioned that the young lady in the room where she was going was on our hospice "purple" team.



This lady was only fifty years old and was dying of breast cancer.  She has worked for our hospice for years as a nurse.  Now she needed nursing for herself!

I followed the nurse into the room.  The lady was in bed.  The nurses started to readjust the bed and give out the medication.  I started to chat with her, but she said that she was tired.  She actually said that she would try to stay awake to talk with me.  But I said that if she was feeling tired, she needed to sleep.



As I walked away all I could think of is this lady had worked for our hospice for a long time and took care of a lot of patients.  Now that she has cancer, she knew where to come for care.  She came home to die!

Do you know of anyone who had breast cancer?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts