Copenhagen Sickness

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the hospice visiting a lot of patients and family members.  It was very busy there this Saturday.  The next family that I visited was a nice Hispanic family.



There was an elderly lady in bed.  Her husband, a short thin man, was in a chair next to her.  A son was sitting behind the father, he has a short beard and was on his phone the entire time.  The daughter was sitting in a chair off to the side.

I walk in and pass out mints.  Everyone takes some.  The daughter is the only one wanting to visit.  She was a very nice middle aged lady.  Short and plump but with a nice smile and continence.



We talked about a lot of subjects but the subject of tobacco tipping came up.  This lady said that she was in someone else car and and didn't want to smoke in it,

So a family member offered her a dip of tobacco.  She said that she got so sick!  We all laughed.  I then told her that as a teenager I had bought a can of Copenhagen not knowing that that was the strongest brand of dip.



I was the worst sick that I had ever been!  I was sick for three days!  For years later even a smell of Copenhagen dip would make me feel bad.  A fun memory today, but not then.

Has anything ever made you real sick?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts