The Czech

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

 A very busy evening at the Hospice.  I visited with several family members.  I visited with a very nice elderly couple.  She had a lot of great genealogy stories to tell me.  She was of Czech ancestry and found family she never knew she had in the Czech Republic.  She even went to Prague for a family reunion there recently.



She told me about the area in central Texas that had a large Czech linage,  In her genealogy research she had learned a lot about the history of the area.  All of her family came through the port of Galveston, Texas, as so many thousands of other had done.

I had described a friend and coworker of mine who was a Czech communist border guard that defected by hiding under a railroad car until it got to Austria!  He went to England and then eventually to Texas where he has worked for our company for the last thirty years.  It's a small world.



Do you know of any Czech folks?  Can you tell me about them in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts