The Missing Lighter

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

 I visited with an middle aged lady with brain cancer.  Her husband was also there.  I was cutting up with the nurses in the hallway by the nurses station, and they were both looking at us from the room across the hallway. 



 So, I went and talked with them for a few hours.  She wanted to smoke and couldn't find her lighter!  I think I asked everyone there for a light and could not find anyone!  But her daughter was on her way and could wait.  I will bring a lighter next time!  Sounds like a good thing to have around for the smokers.



Well I later discovered that the nurses take all lighters and matches due to oxygen in the rooms!  Well, I had known that, but had just forgotten!  I have not been a hospice volunteer for very long, so I am still learning.  But I will bring a lighter next time anyway.

Did you want a smoke but didn't have a lighter?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop
Sept 19, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts