Finally a Smoke Break

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

 I brought a lighter and matches.  I put them in the office drawer of the volunteer office.  The lighter up front and the matches in the back of the drawer.  I rolled out the patient that I could not find a light last week and her brother to the gazebos to smoke.  



She had brain cancer for a couple of years already and was there  to get her medication correct.  A common reason why some people are in hospice care.  Once someone is on hospice care, bad habits like smoking tobacco is now a comfort instead of a health issue.

She was very much ready for a smoke break when I arrived to volunteer.  We sat out there and chatted quit some time.  It was a nice evening out in the garden and it was nice to just sit and enjoy the evening.



Where do you like to sit for some quiet time?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop
September 25, 2009

Comments

Popular Posts