Waiting On Heidi

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I came in to the hospice this morning a little earlier than normal.  I had a student coming to train with me but she had hinted in her email that she would come in later.  That was a first!



I did a little in the break room, like making coffee, cups and utincels.  Both of the coffee jugs were full but the coffee inside was cold.  That happens when someone makes coffee but does not close the cover right away.  They walk off and forget about it.

So I made two pots of hot coffee and was for Heidi to arrive.  She came about thirty minutes later.  She is a short and plump lady in her sixties.  She is originally from Bravaria Germany and she still had a little bit of an accent.

She had married an American serviceman about forty years ago and they came here to the States.  She shadowed me for about three or four hours and she did a wonderful job!  I found out that she doesn't like to get up too early.



That's okay not wanting to get up early.  She is retired and I stay here at least half the day. The great benifit of volunteering at the patient center is that we can show up at anytime we want.  So Heidi was good and we had a good time together!

Have you ever had to wait on someone before?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts