Nellie

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I came in to our hospice at my regular time of nine-in-the-morning.  To my surprise my shadow was already there.  She is a young twenty-year-old Chinese-American from the Bay Area in California.  She was very skinny!  I don't remember anyone being so skinny!



She is attending Rice University and will go to medical school somewhere.  She has an interest in clinical medicine.  She has a sister attending Cornell University.  They are some kind of smart sisters!  I wish that I had a fourth of their brains!

Our hospice trains a lot of medical students.  They train them to be volunteers knowing that they are just there to get a resume line.  They don't mind because they feel they are making some future connections with doctors and can preach the gospel of compassionate hospice care.



Nellie and I had a great time together.  We visited with three wonderful patients and families.  Nellie left around noon and I stayed to visit more people.  She did a great job with talking with everyone and I told her so.

Do you know of anyone who wants to attend medical school?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any future stories!

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts