Culture Shock

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was walking down the hallway at our hospice when I noticed a middle-aged couple standing in the room over an elderly lady, who was lying in bed.  I decided to walk in and give them some mints from the mint jar that I had in my hands.



They both were happy to take some mints and that opened up a conversation.  He was a chef but didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it.  The lady was a survivor of anal cancer. They were both very nice folks.

We talked about culture shock!  She said that she was raised in a black neighborhood and went to school in a mostly black school in Beaumont, TX.  I then told her that I was raised in a school of mostly Hispanics and then went to High school with a white student body.



We had a fun and funny conversation about experiencing culture shock growing up!  The three of us decided that it turned out to be a positive experience overall.  We talked for a while longer and they took their leave.

Have you ever experienced culture shock in any way? Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts