Indianapolis 500

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in a room of an elderly gentleman named Gino, but he went by the name of Jerry.  I sat down with him for a few hours while he told me a lot of stories about his life.  He was a very nice and talkative man.



He shared with me that after he had returned from his service in the Vietnam War, he went to work in Indianapolis, Indiana.  There is a large racetrack there and the big race every year is called the Indianapolis 500.

I didn't have the time to ask hi what he actually did at the racetrack but he got really exited when he talked about it.  He shared with me that he was able to meet all of the famous drivers at the time.  I could tell that it was a great time in his life!



He tried to tell me the names of all of the famous drivers he met, but that was like in the early seventies and I don't know anything about racing.  So the conversation kind of died off.  When he finished that job he moved to Colorado and then here to Houston.

Have you ever been to the Indianapolis 500 speedway?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don'r miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts