The Punk Rocker

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the nurses station hanging out between patient visits and one of the nurses suggested a patient. She told me about a young man down the hall on the right.  He was a singer in a punk rock band and would probably have a lot of fun stories to share.



I had a shadow with me this morning, a young twenty-year-old lady named Nellie.  A shadow is a new volunteer who tags along with an experienced volunteer.  Nellie is a Chinese-American from the Bay Area in California.  Nellie is here attending Rice University and has an interest in later attending medical school.

I had peeked in his room a few hours earlier and noticed that he was asleep and moved on.  We both walked down the hall and look in his room.  He was a young man in his late twenties, and it looked like he was moving around in his bed.



He was very skinny and frail looking.  We walked in and I asked his if he would like a little company.  He was very polite and said that he was very tired and wanted to go back to sleep.  He was getting his pillow in the right angle.

Of course the patients needs and wants are a priority at our hospice and I told him that if he needed anything to just let me know, and my shadow and I left the room.  I explained to Nellie that the patients needs always come first.



Have you ever met a punk rocker before?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to "follow" this blog so that you don't miss any more.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts