You Make Me So Happy!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I walked into the hospice a bit after nine in the morning.  I had a new shadow this morning, which I met at the front lobby.  Her name is Elizabeth, she is a short, plump lady in her sixties.  She turned out to be a very nice lady.



I took her to the volunteer office where I retrieved my badge and showed her how to put her purse in one of the lockers.  I showed her what to do in the break room, and we chatted awhile.

We walked down the hallway to the downstairs nurses station and introduced Elizabeth to them.  They recommended three rooms.  I picked room one-fifteen, at the end of the hall.  So we walk over there.



When we get to the doorway, Elizabeth says to me, "you go first!"  It was her first day as a hospice volunteer and she was a little scared!  That was very understandable!  I was scared my first day too!

There was a middle aged black man in bed, named Charles.  We introduced ourselves and I sat down on the couch and Elizabeth stayed standing.  Charles was so glad to see us and wanted to visit.  He kept saying that a lot of other volunteers had come by and visited with him already.



He said that all of the visits made him so happy!  But he was going in and out of sleep because of the medication.  I went and got him a sprite and later opened a yogurt for him before he dozed off.   He made us in a playful way to return to visit with him.

Elizabeth did a great job and it was so nice to visit with someone who so appreciated out visit.  He had three children and eleven grand kids.  But it seemed that he was never married.  But I didn't ask anything about it.  A voice told me not too.

Has anything happened lately to make you happy?   Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts