He Should Be In Bed

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just come out of the elevator, I was on the second floor.  I rounded the corner and I seen this young girl pushing an elderly man in a wheel chair.  The girl was in her early twenties, pretty, except for the nose ring hanging down.  The man was eighty-nine years old and was one of our patients.



We passed each other in the hallway.  I was on my way to the nurses station.  They were going towards the elevator, before they turned around. A Texas A&M blanket was wrapped around the man.  I had thought that he was an Texas A&M Aggie, but I found out later that the girl was, and it was her blanket.

After talking with the nurses on duty, I looked down the hall.  Here they slowly came along.  It appeared to me that he didn't want to be in that wheel chair.  The young girl was trying to talk to her grand father.  She was talking in a sweet soft voice.  Her heart was certainly in a good place.



She entered the room to put him back to bed.  I walked over to look in on them.  She had pulled him up, but he was too weak to move into the bed.  She was trying and he was telling her he couldn't do it!
I stood behind so he would not fall.  I then told the girl that I was going to get his nurse.

The bed alarm then went off, I stepped out to get the nurse, two nurses came immediately.  With the nurses help, we got him in bed.  But it was scary!  The girl was now standing next to me, I padded her on the shoulder and softly told her that he needed to stay in bed!



Everyone told her the same thing and I think that she got it!  He was too weak to be out of bed and should not be in a wheel chair or anywhere else outside of bed.

Do you know of someone who should not be out of bed?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts