Please Talk To Me!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was sitting in a room on the third floor with a "bed hopper."  When I kept hearing hearing someone across the hall yelling out.  I thought at first that one of the nurses would be on top of it.  But she kept yelling out.



I start to get concerned, and always wanting to ride to the rescue, I get up and walk across the hall to see what I can do about the situation.  I pause in the doorway and see an elderly black lady laying in the bed.  No one else was in the room.

I walked in and listen to what she was saying.  She was yelling out "Please someone listen to me," "Please talk to me,"  Lord help me!"  Statements such as those.  She is a ninety-year-old lady with Alzheimer Disease.  She was so very little!  Short and skinny.  She looked so frail.



So I pull up a wooden stool that was by the bed, and I start talking to her in a soft voice to calm her down.  I told her softly that I was there and that I wanted to talk to her.  After a few minutes of that she calmed down and seemed peaceful.

Then her nurse came into the room while I was talking to her.  She had her medication in her hand.  The nurse found out that the lady had pulled out her pig tail.  So with the nurses work cut out for her I excused myself and went back across to hall to my bed hopper.

Have you ever heard someone cry out?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts