The Artist Coordinator

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

My shadow and I were walking around the corner, and started down the hall on the second-floor of our hospice.  Coming directly at us was a middle aged lady with purple hair in a wheel chair racing towards us!  We got out of the way!



We made it  to the nurses station and asked whom we my visit.  They recommended a man at the end of the hallway.  So, we went to that room.  There was an elderly man there in bed, the pull out couch was pulled out into a bed next to him.

We started to talk with him and found out he is a Swiss chief!  Then comes in his daughter, the one who abides on the pull out couch.  She was the wheelchair terror who tried to bowl us down in the hallway.  She hobbles over to the bed and plops down.



We start to talk to her for a bit.  She is from Portland, Oregon.  She is married and has three children.  As I mentioned, she has purple hair.  She is a very nice lady and loves her father.  Just by talking to her, I could tell she was very intelligent.

I asked her what she does for a living and she said that she is an Artist Coordinator.  I asked her what that was, and she helps to organize artists.  She said that artists have no knowledge of business.  She helps them sell their work, get their work in galleries, and things like that.



I told her that she was the level headed lady surrounded by absent-minded artists with their heads in the clouds.  She agreed!  I didn't bring up politics since the folks in Portland are a bit crazy when it comes to politics.  A hospice volunteer has to be diplomatic!

Do you know anyone who is an Artist Coordinator?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts