The Wake Service

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had been in and out of the downstairs break room all morning.  The break room was busy!  I seen some kids running around in the back garden.  I really didn't think too much of it.  I was making a lot of coffee!



Around noon I went in to check on things and the room was packed with people!  They were all Hispanics.  I did notice earlier that one of the downstairs rooms had a lot of visitors,  I tried to speak to a few, but they couldn't speak English.

I was upstairs and seen the security guard and told him about the break room being packed.  He said that a family was having a Wake.  A Wake is a family gathering to see the body of a loved one.



We have had a lot of Memorial services in the chapel.  I have even helped with some of them.  But this is the first time that I've seen a Wake take place here in one of the rooms.  But, there is a first time for everything.

Usually funeral homes host the Wake services.  But, I thought that it was nice that we were hosting one.  If anything, I is always nice to see a lot of family and visitors here at our hospice.

Have you ever been to a Wake?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts