City Planning

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was with Elizabeth, my shadow for the day.  A shadow is a new hospice volunteer shadowing an experienced volunteer.  We went into a room with an African-American sitting with her mother. She looked a little bored, and I though she needed some company.

I was right, she did indeed!  Because she was a lady I guided Elizabeth next to her and I sat behind Elizabeth.  Both lady's were the same age and I soon found out that they had similar interests.

Both of these lady's were retired school teachers, who now have an interest in city planning.  They were two peas in a pod!  They talked about schools in the area and schools that they attended.

Both have an interest in city planning.  We talked about the lack of zoning laws in Houston and all of the problems that it causes.  The lady we were visiting even had personnel example that she shared with us.

We visited for a long time together, until the nurses aid came in to turn the patient and to see to her needs.  We then excused ourselves.  It goes to show that even a subject like city planning can be interesting among friends.

Are you involved with city planning?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts