Son's Taking Turns

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I finally arrived at the hospice!  There was a cancer walk taking place in the Texas Medical Center.  They do that all of the time.  It was a five-kilometer walk to raise money and awareness of colorectal cancer.



As is my custom, I went into the downstairs break room to make coffee, put some forks, spoons, and knives out and some mild clean up.  As I was busy doing his and waiting on the coffee to get done, a middle aged man walked in.

I see him sit down at one of the tables, so I walk over and sit down next to him.  I start a conversation with him, that's kind of what I do.



His father is a patient on the second floor.  He said that he came down for some coffee.  His brother had now arrived and it was his shift.  They were taking shifts so that his father would never be alone!

He was a real nice guy and he told me that his father was always active outside and played golf a lot.  That is probably why he now has skin cancer.  The sun is a benefit to this world and mankind, but it can be very dangerous as well!

Do you know of anyone who has died of skin cancer?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts