We Have A Love-Hate Relationship

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a Saturday morning and I had a shadow.  A shadow is what we call a new hospice volunteer following around an experienced volunteer.  My shadow this morning is a beautiful lady named Maritza.

Image result for love-hate relationships

We went to the downstairs break room to make some coffee and put out some cups. There sitting at one of the tables was a man that I had talked to the week before.  I greeted him and sat down.

This man's mother is the patient, and he himself has stage four cancer!  When I was visiting them in their room, the two of them had a sharp argument!  We talked about that and he told me that he and his mother had a love-hate relationship!

Image result for love-hate relationships

His mother was a recovering alcoholic, and he was a recovering cocaine user.  She was verbally abusive with him!  He would be on the defensive while taking verbal jabs at her!  He seem to hate their relationship but was in need of her financial support and could not leave her.  Both of them were stuck together in their dysfunctional union!

You can read more about this visit in the post called, "Bitterness." in this blog.  They were both ex-drug addicts.  Her to alcohol and him to cocaine!  Their addictions have torn the family apart!  I hope that after her impending death, he can find a way to forgive her and himself!

Image result for love-hate relationships

Do you know someone addicted to drugs?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts