Goodbye Alan And Hello Tina

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

Just before Christmas I received an email from Patty, our Volunteer Coordinator, that a long time volunteer was quieting.  His name is Alan, and he is African-American gentleman of about ninety-years-old.  I did get to see him before he left!

Image result for volunteer, OR volunteering

Alan has volunteered for our hospice for twenty years!  I walked into the front doors and met two of our volunteers there.  I chatted with them for awhile, got my badge and headed to the coffee maker!  I got a cup of coffee and headed to the Volunteer Office.

I walked into the office and Patty is standing at her desk to my left, Alan is standing in front of me, and Tina, the new Assistant Volunteer Coordinator was standing behind her desk to my right.  Alan was just leaving!

Image result for volunteer, OR volunteering

It looks like I came just in time!  I shook his hand, then I gave him a gift card with some money on it as a thank you for his service.  He almost cried on me at that moment!  We chatted for a few more minutes then he left.

Alan and Patty walked out together and that left Tina by herself.  So I sat down and I introduced myself to her.  I said, "tell me about yourself?"
She replied, "about what?"
 I said, "everything!"

Image result for  "armenia"

She giggled, She is a twenty something lady in her late twenties.  She was born in Armenia, her family then moved to Iran, then back to Armenia.  Tina and her sister then immigrated to Los Angeles, California, where she had family and she went to Cal Tech.

She then went to Toronto, Canada for her Masters degree in social work.  There she met her husband, another Armenian, on Facebook.  They married and when he got an engineering job in Houston, Texas, they then moved here.

Image result for  "armenia"

Her husband is an engineer for a road building company.  They settled in Kingwood, just north of Houston.  Tina is a very sweet lady and I liked her immediately, and she has a very cute accent!  I hope that she will be here for the long term!

Have you ever said goodbye to someone?  Can you tell me about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www,biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ/featured?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts