They Came Right Over

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a gorgeous Saturday morning.  It was a little cool, but still a nice morning.  I had two new volunteers shadowing me this morning!  The first one was Christina and the second one was Glenda.

Image result for family

I was with Glenda and we went into a room with an elderly lady lying in bed.  We introduced ourselves to her as volunteers who would like to visit with her.  She thought that that was a great idea, and she said that she would love a visit.

We both sat down and chatted with her about her family and friends.  She shared with us that when she was transported to our hospice by ambulance from the hospital, her family didn't know where she was located.

Image result for family

She wasn't sure if she should call them, because she didn't think that they would come a see her.  So she said that she just gave it a shot and called them up.  She looked at us with a wonderful smile and said, "they came right over!"

Glenda and I just smiled back at her and told her that she has a wonderful family and that they loved her.  This patient was very happy and we were very happy for her.  In her last days, it's great that she will be surrounded by her family!

Image result for family

Do you have family that will be at your side?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts