Bitterness!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had been speaking to a middle-aged man in the downstairs break room.  He has been dealing with stage-four cancer and his mother is the patient who is in her last stage of cancer.  We talked for a while until he had to go back upstairs, he invited me to his mothers room to visit some more.

Image result for bitterness

I finished making a pot of coffee and cleaning up a bit.  I then walked up to his mothers room to talk some more and to meet his mother.  I walked into the room and she was lying in bed, and her son was sitting to the right.

I stood at the foot of the bed and introduced myself to her.  She smiled at me and immediately started to verbally attack her son in the most viscous manner!  She informed me in the most direct way that her son was a cocaine addict!


Image result for bitterness

She said that her son stole from her to finance his addiction.  Her son then blurted out that he had already told me about it in the break room, which he did.  He then told me that she was an alcoholic!  His mother then acknowledged that she was an alcoholic but has been sober for eight years now!

The patient had been an alcoholic and he was a drug addict, and both of them were bitter and carried resentments about the other!  The son was cowed and defensive!  The mother and our patient was filled to the brim with bitterness!

Image result for bitterness

I discerned that she blamed herself for her own drug abuse and her son's as well!  She was not forgiving herself and was the source of her bitterness.  I felt very sorry for her and her son.  I hope that in her short time she can find the way of of her torment!

Do you know of anyone who is filled with bitterness?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ/about?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts