Forgetting Maritza

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was running a little late getting to hospice this beautiful, but cool Saturday morning.  It didn't matter because even though I usually get there around nine-in-the-morning every Saturday mornings, I don't have it as an appointment time.

Image result for forgetting people

I walked into the front doors and I see a beautiful forty-year-old lady there sitting in the chair with a smile on her face.  I walked up to her and she introduced herself as Maritza.  I shook her hand and introduced myself.  Then I remembered her name!

I then remembered that several weeks ago I received an email agreeing to train her today!  Last week I trained two other volunteers, but that's a bad excuse!  I did really forget that I was to meet Maritza today!


Image result for forgetting people

I admitted that I had forgotten our meet up, she was very graceful in forgiving me.  I took her to our little volunteer work room and received a call from a friend who had just had an operation on his arm for carper tunnel.  She was very patient in waiting for me to get off of the phone.

After some small talk I then asked Maritza when was her training.  She told me last June!  She then shared how she waited for months to get a call about her on-the-job training, which never came!  Our Volunteer Coordinator it appears had forgotten about her too!

Image result for forgetting people

She finally called them and reminded them that she was still waiting!  Now I;m feeling really bad that I had also forgotten her this morning!  through all of that, Maritza was very forgiving and graceful with us.  That just shows you how truly wonderful Maritza is and why I wanted to write about it!  Maritza is one awesome lady!

Do you know of an awesome person in your life?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts