No, I Don't Want A Visit

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning and training a young man named Mohan.  He is a recent graduate from Rice University and will soon be going to medical school.  He is of Indian ancestry from North-East Pennsylvania.

Image result for no visiting

We had just finished a long visit with a patient and their family just down the hallway.  We chatted while we were walking down to hall.  I then noticed an elderly African-American lady lying in bed in a room on our left.

I motion to Mohan and we walked in the room.  I introduced myself and Mohan.  We pleasantly greet each other and asked her if she wanted to have a visit with us.  She very politely declined.

Image result for no visiting

She said, "no, I don't want a visit.". She said that with a smile on her face, and I replied with a smile on my face.  That wasn't the first time that a patient said to me that they didn't want to visit!

I use this as a teaching opportunity to my shadow, Mohan.  I told him that some patients love having to visit in some patients aren't in the mood for a visit.  I told Lauren that he shouldn't take it personal, it had nothing to do with us but with the feelings of the patient.

Image result for no visiting

I also reminded him that the patient always comes first and especially their feelings and desires.  Some patients just do not want to have a visit are they are tired from a previous visit from either us or family members.  Too much company is tiring and where is people down.  I told him that something that we should keep in mind.

Have you ever been in a situation where someone did not want company?  Can you tell me about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed the story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts