She Keeps Asking For Her Mother

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Also this morning I was met at the front doors by a beautiful forty-year-old lady named Maritza, whom is to shadow me.  I was a bit late and she seemed very patient!

Image result for calling out

We had a great time together!  The first thing I had to do was to give Maritza a tour of the facility, since she never got to walk around the place.  I was kinda surprised that she had not seen the place as of yet.

We visited several patients and family members and were having a good morning.  One of those visits really stood out!  We walked into one room with an elderly lady lying in bed and resting peacefully.  A middle-aged man.

Image result for calling out

H shared with us that his mother, the patient, had been calling out for her mother!  Her mother has long since passed away!  His mother was even seeing a beautiful young lady that he could not see!  His mother was asking this beautiful girl to look for her mother!

I shared with this man that this kind of accordance was very normal here in hospice care.  I told him that he should not worry about it and that it should not be upset by it.  Unfortunately, he was very upset about it!

Image result for calling out

I did my best to comfort this gentleman, but unfortunately he did not want to continue the conversation!  I was a bit disappointed by that because if anyone needed an extended visit of comfort, it was certainly him!

Do you know of a dying person who had asked for their mother?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts