The Source Of My Joy

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in a room with a patient with her son and daughter.  It was a beautiful sunny day outside!  Their room had an unobstructed view of the garden. It was a beautiful sunny day but a little cool. She wanted to go out into the garden and get some fresh air.

Image result for hospital beds

The family wanted to get her outside but didn't know how to go about it.  I told them that I roll patients outside in their beds all of the time!  I told them that I would go get the nurse to come and unhook her from her oxygen and chords that hook to the bed.

The nurse came and unhooked her and I rolled her to the elevator and down to the first floor and out to the garden.  The son helped me, which I was happy about since hospital beds can be a little tricky to move around!

Image result for hospital bed in the garden

I rolled her out about thirty feet, she seemed happy to be there!  Her son and daughter were there and I felt that they wanted some privacy, so I gave the son my phone number and said that he can call me when they were ready to come back in.

In about thirty minutes he call and said that they were ready!  I walked back out there, and the son said that it was a little too cool outside.  I smiled and agreed with him.  We rolled her back to the room with the nurse there and ready to hook her back up.

Image result for hospital bed in the garden

Even though it was a little bit cool for the patient to be in the garden, it was a joy for me to take her there.  It's a joy for me because I feel that I had given her a little bit of happiness in the few days that she had left.  Making other in need happy is the source of my joy!

What is the source of your joy?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the comments section to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneutics.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts