Are These The Freebies?

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning.  Saturday mornings is my volunteer times.  I was in the downstairs break room making coffee for our guests.  As the coffee was slowly brewing and dripping into the large thermos bottle, a middle-aged man with a young boy walking behind him came in.

Image result for freebies

He walked over to me as I was leaning against the counter, and looked around.  He then asked me where the freebies were located!  I looked at him with some mild shock and a little amazement, and I told him that I don't know!

I then started to look around also, because we sometime do have some free snacks around that a volunteer, or a nurse would put out for our guests.  I didn't see anything laying around, so I told him that I didn't think that we had any freebies.

Image result for freebies

I pointed to the coffee, tea, and hot chocolate that was always free here at our hospice, but he was not interested in those freebies.  About ten feet away, there was a small family whom had just arrived and was putting food on the table.  He walked up to them and asked if those were the freebies.  They quickly said that they had bought those!

Just as they were about to leave, the boy asked him something.  The man kind of sadly looked around and pulled some coins out of his pocket, and bought a soda for his grandchild.  They then walked out of the break room and towards the elevator.

Image result for freebies

I looked with a gaze of amazement at what had just happened!  I have never seen that before, at least not in my fifty-five years of life!  That man was certainly out looking for the freebies that did not exist, at least not the ones that he wanted!

Have you ever saw someone look around for the freebies?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

  1. I wonder what "freebies" he was looking for and if he ever found them??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was looking for snacks or sodas. I think maybe one of the nurses may have told him there was free snacks in the break room. He ended up buying a soda for his grandson.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts