A Navy Flyer Family

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I walked into a patients room on this beautiful Saturday morning.  An elderly gentleman was lying in the bed and a middle-aged lady was sitting on the couch.  She looked like she was in her early sixties and had short hair, and had a slight smile.



I walked up and offered her some mints that I had in a plastic container.  She gladly took a few and we started a conversation.  I asked her if she would like a visit.  She was kind of uncertain, but I assured her that that is what I do here.

She then readily agreed and we sat down together.  She shared with me about her father who was the elderly gentleman lying in bed.  She said the they were a Navy flyer family.  Her father and two siblings were pilots in the Navy during World War Two.



Her father was a Navy pilot in San Diego but the war ended just as he had finished his training.  His sister was a WASP, Women Airforce Service Pilots.  His older brother was also a Navy pilot but died in the service.

His brother's plane had caught fire while he was taking off, and he crash landed and was killed.  It was a sad spot in their families history.  They had a rich Naval tradition even though none of them ever seen combat!



Do you know of anyone who is or was a Naval Flyer?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com


Comments

Popular Posts