That's Why I Am Now Alone!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was informed by one of our hospice nurses that a man wanted to be rolled out into the back garden to have a smoke.  I walked into his room and we first had a nice visit with each other.  He then showed his cigarettes and a lighter!

Image result for being alone

 I was shocked to see his lighter in his room, that is strictly forbidden, since each room has oxygen in it.  Oxygen and fire tends to lead to an explosion!  But, I would deal with that later!  He put himself in his wheelchair and I rolled him out into our back garden.

We sat in the garden under a beautiful blue sky and a warm breeze blowing on us.  He shared a little bit about his life.  He said that he had always been a heavy smoker and a drinker.  He stayed drunk a lot, and most of his life.

Image result for being alone

He said that he spent his time in bars, drinking and picking up women.  Drinking and having sex with women is what he wanted!  Whenever a woman told him that she was pregnant and the baby was his, he would walk out!

Not only that, he would move to another apartment, change his job, and change his phone number!  He was a tradesman and could get a new job anywhere.  He said that he never wanted to get married and have children.

Image result for being alone

He shared with me that he just lived his life for himself and didn't want to have to support anyone else.  I was silent during this confession, he just looked at the ground.  He took a draw from his cigarette and made a statement.  He looked at the ground and said,  "I guess that's why I am now alone!"  After he confessed that we were both silent in sorrow.

Are you alone in this life?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the comments section to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts