We Need The Chaplain

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was just sitting in the downstairs nurses station taking a little break from my hectic morning.  Our hospice is only half full today but the nurses were running me ragged today!  So I was taking a break and chatting with them.

Image result for hospice chaplains

That's when they received a call from a room upstairs.  They were looking for Tony, our volunteer chaplain.  He is a Catholic deacon and one of our many volunteer chaplains.  I know him well because we both volunteer here on Saturday mornings

One of the nurses said that he was visiting a family in one of the back rooms, so we waited for him to come out.  He was not coming out, so I walked over there to see if he was still there.  I walked in and asked the family if he was there, they informed me that he had left about fifteen minutes ago.

Image result for hospice chaplains

I went upstairs to look for Tony, and walked down the hallway to the family that asked for him.  A few family members were in the hall crying and several were standing around the bed in the room!  It appeared that the patient had just passed away!

I ask the family members in the hall if the chaplain had been there, they said that he had been there and had just left!  It looks like I was still one step behind Tony!  Now that I knew that he had been there already, I went back downstairs and informed the nurses.

Image result for hospice chaplains

Have you ever had to look for someone?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneutics.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com



Comments

Popular Posts