Love In Oklahoma

Hello everyone,  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning visiting people.  I walked into a room with an elderly gentleman lying in bed.  A middle-aged lady in her sixties sitting on the couch next to him.  I walked in and gave her a few mints.  I pass out mints to break the ice with strangers.



I sat down next to her and we have a nice visit together.  The man in the bed was her father.  She told me about his World War Two service.  I asked her how her parents met each other.  She said that they met at the University of Oklahoma.

Both of her parents went there in nineteen-forty-five.  Her mother was from a small town in Oklahoma, but her father was from Houston.  She said that her father went to the Houston Junior College, and transferred to the University of Oklahoma because Houston Junior College was just a two-year-college.




But I looked it up later and they became a four-year-college in nineteen-thirty-four.  So, I think she was a little confused about the date of school.  Anyway, he did go to the University of Oklahoma where he did meet his beautiful bride at the school.

Did your parents meet in college?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts