The Rose Of Hospice

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a Saturday morning with a new volunteer.  Her name is Nellie, a young twenty-year-old college student.  She was my shadow for this morning, as new volunteers are called here.  After twenty-five hours of classroom training they then need to shadow experienced volunteers for at least three times.



Today I had seen that we have three patients that are named Rose!  One on the second floor and two on the third floor.  We were on the third floor, one of the Roses was in isolation, so we could not go into that room.

Right next door was the third Rose.  The Roses were definitely blooming at our hospice today!  My shadow and I walk in to see Rose sitting up in bed.  I introduced myself and Nellie to her.  Rose is overjoyed to have some company.



 I knew she was open to some company because when we walked into the room she smiled and brightened up!  That is always a wonderful sight to see.

We both at down and settled in for a nice visit with this nice lady.  Rose is an elderly Hispanic lady from this area.  She talks about her family and grand kids and her life as a homemaker. A lot of that time was talking about her daughter.



 She talks almost nonstop for two hours!  She told us that a lot of volunteers have been there to see her and she has loved all of the attention and company that we were providing!

Have you ever seen three people with the same name in the same building at one time before?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss anymore.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts