The Army Man

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was a bit later today in getting to the hospice.  I had a breakfast get together with a couple from my Sunday school class at Panera Bread at eight-thirty first.  I rolled up to our hospice at around ten-in-the-morning.



I usually come in at about nine, but no one was waiting on me so it doesn't matter.  I went to the break room and made two pots of coffee, and refilled the utincels. I spoke with a nice elderly lady when I was waiting for the coffee to brew.

I went to the downstairs nurses station and Karen, the Charge Nurse, told me about a gentleman who had checked himself in to our hospice!  That's very rare that someone walks in our hospice on their own and just checks themselves in here!  Normally they are carried in by an ambulance!



I walked in the door and see a middle-aged African-American gentleman sitting up on the side of his bed. He was a bit short and clean cut with a stern look on his face.  He looked very much like a soldier!

He was a carrier Army man of thirty-two years.  He was an infantry soldier who retired as a Lt. Colonel!  He started as a private then went back to school and the OTS, which is Officer Training School.

He was stationed Stateside, Korea, Bosnea, Iraq, Afghanistan, Germany, and other places I'm sure that wasn't mentioned.  He joined the infantry because he wanted to be where the action was!



He joined up in nineteen-seventy-five, and retired in two-thousand-seven.  I shared with him about my military family and my service in the Air Force.  We had a nice visit together, and it looked like he enjoyed it.

Do you know of a carrier Army man or woman?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts