Yellow And Chubby

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was walking down the hallway and heard some loud talking in a room to the left.  So, I walked through the door and greeted them.



There was a group of four middle-aged gentlemen talking loud and enjoying themselves.  They were around the bed of the patient and a long time friend.  The noticed that they were golfing buddies!

I had my mint container with me and they all took a few.  The patient even asked for some!  I hesitated for a minute and asked if he was allowed to have some.  Most patients cannot have a solid object in their mouths due to their medical condition.



The man was dying from Bile Duct cancer, and he didn't have a problem with eating.  Even though his completion was a deep shade of yellow, it wasn't affecting his appetite!  He had a large belly, and was fully mobile.

 Which is a very rare sight to behold in a Hospice.  Normally our patients are very thin due to their illness and no desire or ability to eat food!  That certainly wasn't the case here!

I didn't get to stay very long because I caught the party kind of late.  I didn't want to create an intruding influence, so I left them to say their goodbyes to their friend in private.  Strong emotions are best to be made in private.



Do you have a group of friends that you play golf together?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts