Love With Oral Cancer

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just finished my time volunteering here at our hospice.  I was in the little office that we use to do our paperwork, when another volunteer walks into the room.  I have been volunteering here for over ten years, but she has been here for a few more years than me!



She also was leaving and we started our paperwork together.  She is a lot faster than I am!  We started chatting about the folks that we visited today, and she brings up this one visit that she had.

She was visiting with a family with the patient in bed dying of oral cancer!  She stayed and talked with them for several hours.  In the meantime, it was revealed that the lady dying of oral cancer was married to a man who had also passed away from oral cancer!



I was amazed, as was she, to hear that a husband and wife would both be afflicted with the same type of cancer!  I'm sure that it could happen, well, anything could possible happen given enough time. But, I have never heard of it happening!

In both cases the cancer was in the bone of the jaw.  So, I don't think it could have been from smoking of something like that.  But, I'm not a doctor!  As all cases of cancer, it was very sad.  We were just amazed of the same cancer afflicting a married couple.



She went on to tell me how this couple had loved each other through the good times and the bad.  They had a long life together and had shared everything.  In the end they even shared the same disease.  They even loved each other with oral cancer!

Have you ever heard of a husband and wife dying of the same cancer?   Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any more.

Brother Roop

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts