Bathroom Noises!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was walking down the hallway when I saw a middle-aged man standing next to an elderly man lying in bed.  The middle-aged man was scurrying around and so I walked into the room and asked if I could be of some assistance.  The patient was his father.



The man was short and thin in stature, and clean-cut and was a bit short in his answers.  He was acting a little strange.  I started a conversation and he was acting odd.  He mentioned that he was a retired police officer, but didn't expand on it.

He then told me that his father was a veteran while he was helping him out of bed.  When his father stood up, they eased over to the bathroom.  I asked again if they needed any assistance, but the gentleman was already in the bathroom.



With the gentleman safely sitting on the commode, the son was closing the bathroom door.  But he was sticking his head out of the half closed door.  He was looking back and forth to his father and then to me and was acting a bit nervous.
















With his head still sticking out of the half closed bathroom door, I told him that I would leave and come back another time.  The son readily agreed and I left the room.  The only thing that I could think of to explain the son's behavior was that he was uncomfortable about some unexpected bathroom noises that could possibly occur!

Being a care taker is some times a bit messy and human!  Sometimes it can put you in an uncomfortable situation that you may not want other to witness.  Anyway, I thought that the son was doing a wonderful job taking care of his father!

Have you ever been a care taker for another person?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts