The Lady In Pajamas

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was walking around passing out mints.  That is what I do to break the ice when walking into a room of strangers.  It really works very well!  I was doing just that when I noticed a middle-aged lady sitting on the couch in the room.



I walked into the room and offered her a mint, which she took one, then she reached in and took a few more.  Lying in bed was her father, who was slowly falling off to sleep.  I didn't introduce myself to him so I would not bother him.

The lady was a little short with black curly hair and very cute!  I was instantly attracted to her, (Don't tell anyone)!  She was dressed in her pajamas and wearing slippers.  That is not an unusual sight here at our hospice, where we try to make the environment as homelike as we can.



I asked her if she knew where the kitchen and showers were located.  She replied that she did not know where it was.  So, I asked her if I could show her, she agreed and we walked out of the room.  Down the hall we went with this lady in her pajamas and slippers!

I took her to the utility elevator because it was close to the kitchen.  We went down and came out and the kitchen was to the right and about twenty feet.  One of the cooks was there and explained everything to her.



We then went back upstairs and and back to the room.  I should of showed her the shower facilities that we have, but I didn't think of it at the time.  Anyway, we departed as friends, she went back to the room with her father and I went back downstairs.

It was fun to walk with someone in their pajamas and slippers on.  It just kind of made everything feel at home.  It kind of gives me a little mental break of all of the serious thing happening around us.



Are you comfortable wearing your pajamas in a public place?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com


Comments

Popular Posts