One Expensive Leg!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the hospice this Saturday morning visiting a patient and four of his golfing buddies.  I passed out mints to everyone's appreciation.  Even the patient wanted some mints.  He was one of the few patients that could actually eat some.  He was dying of Bile Duct cancer which didn't affect his eating.



I then started to visit with one of his golfing buddies that was standing next to me.  He started to share with me about his artificial leg!  He had lost his leg in a motorcycle accident that he was involved in about five years ago!

When he was recovering in the hospital, they ask his to try out a new artificial leg that they wanted to test out.  It was a very high tech leg and cost about seventy-five thousand dollars!  I told him that that is one expensive leg!



He laughed and agreed and quickly said that since he was testing it out he didn't have to pay for it.  The insurance company and the hospital had it all taken care of.  It was a special leg he explained, it was very good at correcting his balance.

I got a little lost with all of the technical aspects of the leg, but he was happy to have it in his possession!  He has had it for five years now and could walk very well with it.  If you saw he walking down the hallway, you could not notice that he had an artificial leg.



 In fact, he was walking better than I could!  This is a good example of the spirit of man when when called upon in an unusually severe trial.  It was sad that he had the accident that he did, but it was very uplifting to hear about his recovery!

Do you know of anyone who has an artificial leg?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com


Comments

Popular Posts