The Danish Pen-Pal

Hello everyone>  Praise the Lord!

I was with a patient and his girlfriend all morning.  The were an interesting couple.  He is an Hispanic gentleman from Brownsville, Texas.  She is from the island of Zealand in Denmark.  That is the same island that the capital of Denmark is on, Copenhagen.  But she lived in the countryside.  She is a very tall pretty blonde lady.



He was in prison in Texas for thirty-six years!  I din't ask what he had done to get such a long sentence.  For the last seventeen years of his sentence this Danish lady was his pen-pal.  By writing letters they fell in love with each other.

Falling in love with a prisoner is called Hybristophilla.  For years she would come to Texas to see and visit him in prison.  She was only allowed to stay for three-months at a time in the United States.  Nine-months a year it was only letters.



I observed them all morning and she was really in love with him.  They were a strange couple, she was tall and pretty, he was short and had a big nose!  But love is blind!

He wanted to smoke a cigarette.  I told them that we could roll him out into the back garden to smoke.  At first he didn't want to, but soon changed his mind.  I called Sarah, the charge nurse to unhook him.  I then rolled him out int the garden.  I started the cigarette for him.

We were not supposed to smoke in that area.  Smoking was only allowed in the fall corner of the garden, but I shielded him from view and he smoked anyway.  She climbed into bed with him.  I excused myself so that they could have some privacy.



They sure were an odd couple, but they really loved each other.  He had been out of jail for a few years, got a job, but then got lung cancer.  He only smoked for two years and still got lung cancer.  She thought that he got the cancer from the bad prison air.  This goes to show us that love is indeed blind!

Do you know of anyone in prison?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts