35 Year Friendship

Hello Everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the hospice on a Saturday evening doing what I could for the patients and family members.  I soon found myself in a room with a middle-aged woman patient laying in bed.  Sitting with her was another middle-aged lady.



i walked into the room and introduced myself.  The patient was unconscious,  so I sat down and visited with her visitor.  She was a very nice lady with a beautiful smile and was about sixty-years-old.  We had a very nice conversation.

She told me that the patient and her had been friends for thirty-five-years!  She told me how they had meet at work and became friends right away.  When they were off work, either she was at her house or vise versa.

It was a bonding of two people that is usually very rare.  When the patient had found out that she had cancer, their friendship was now her rock!  Now that her dear friend was dying of cancer, it was now a source of compassion!



This kind lady was devastated that her dear friend was now close to death.  But, as we talked, I soon found out that the joy of knowing her, and their long friendship was now at the forefront.

Her dying was sad and will only get worst in a few days, but the joy of their friendship would carry on for the rest of her life.

Do you have a long friendship with someone?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts