Maybe Burritos

Hello Everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning.  I visited several patients that morning, but I eventually found myself talking with two middle-aged Dutch ladies from Amsterdam, Netherlands.  You can read more about them in the posts called, " Nick has to be Nick,"  and " burnout!"



One of of the ladies was a chef and owned her own small restaurant in Amsterdam,  She cooked French food.  She showed me pictures of her restaurant and some of the French dishes she prepared.  They looked very good.

She needed to have a smoke in the smoke shack in the back garden, so I went with her.  We talked about a lot of different things, but she started to talk about her restaurant.  She said that she was getting so tied of the restaurant business.  Bad customers, not making a lot of money, the long hours.



She didn't want to sell the place because it would just go to paying off the bank loan and her business partner.  She was thinking about a change.  Maybe burritos!  She noticed a Tex-Mex food that we have her in South Texas called Burritos.  One of the restaurants that serve them is called Firebirds.

She was very intrigued by them.  It was something totally different than what she is used too.  I think that she just wanted a change in her life.  She talked about what else to do for a living since she is single.  She said that her only skill was to cook.



She was in a crossroads in her life and I was happy that I could be her sounding board.  We all need somebody to talk to sometimes.  I know of some folks that have no one to talk to, and that's sad.  Not only our situations, but life can be a very lonely place.  I just hope that I was a little flower in the snow.

Do you know anyone who owns a restaurant?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts