Talking To The Charge Nurse

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was with my shadow in one of the back rooms on the first floor of our hospice.  My shadow was a beautiful young lady named Tricia.  We were visiting a patient named Dennis from Buffalo, New York. We spent a few hours in his room.  I had also visited him for half a day last week.




After a few hours him he had mentioned that he needed to use the bed pan and had notified the nurse and she had yet to arrive.  About fifteen minutes later my shadow and I said our goodbyes and left the room.

I walked over to the nurses station to let the nurse know that Dennis was waiting to use the bed pan.  There were three nurses there and I just mentioned it to all of them since I didn't know who Dennis's assigned nurse was, but I knew it was one of them.



One of the nurses, a middle-aged African-American LVN nurse nicknamed "T" said that "he can wait a lot longer."  She looked serous, the other two nurses looked at her in shock!  I repeated her comment in amazement, and T didn't say anything.

So me and Tricia walked down the hallway, when we got to the end she said that it was time for her to leave, so I trained her on the paperwork and I said goodbye to her.  I then went looking for Karen, the Charge nurse.



I found Karen on the third floor, in the nurses break room behind the nurses station.  I told her what the situation was.  Karen said that she would look into it.  So I visited a patient directly opposite of the nurses station.

While I was there, fixing the patients television, Karen came into the room and said that it had already been taken care of.  It was taken care of immediately and there was never a problem, and she said that, "that is just how T is."



I seen it as patient abuse!  Patient abuse is a crime! I am required to report crimes of patient abuse to the police!  This came very close to blowing up in everyone's face!  I'm glad that I talked to the Charge nurse first!

Have you ever had a problem like this one?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts