I Don't Know What I Am Going To Do!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had been at the hospice for several hours already visiting patients and family members.  I was walking down the hall and noticed an elderly lady in a room with a patient.  I walked into the room and introduced myself.  The first thing that I noticed was that she was softly crying!



So I immediately took her hands and asked what I could do for her.  She looked up and smiled through her tears and said that there is nothing that I could do.  She shared with me that her husband of sixty-years has a kidney disease and that he was dying.

As she said that she started to slowly brush his hair with her hand.  The man had a deep yellow tint to his skin, because the kidney's and liver functioning had stopped!  She whimpered and said that they had been married for sixty-years and he was all that she had!



She was acting a little panicky and that made it difficult to carry a conversation with her.  She shared with me that he had been the center of her life and she was terrified of him leaving her alone!  I tried to comfort her as best as I could, but I think that I failed.

She said that she had not eaten for days and needed to eat something.  She I walked with her to the kitchen so she could get soon lunch.  As we walked to the kitchen, she said twice, "I don't know what I am going to do!"

Have you ever experienced someone in deep grieving?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts