An RV Back Home

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in one of the back rooms on the first floor.  The nurses guided me to the patient.  They told me that he was a musician!  I pick a banjo, so I thought that would be interesting to talk with him.



I walked in the room and an elderly man was lying in bed and a middle-aged lady was sitting on the couch between the bed and the bathroom.  When I walked in the room she barely looked up from her phone.

The patient was named Dennis and he had stage four pancreatic cancer!  He was very friendly and invited me in to sit with him.  His daughter and son were looking at renting an RV to take him back home to Buffalo, New York to die.



His daughter is from Buffalo and his son lives here in Houston, Texas.  Their father and the patient was a police officer for thirty-five years and a volunteer firefighter for twenty years.  They offered to rent a jet for thousands of dollars, but Dennis didn't want to burden them!

I told him that the RV idea was a good one.  They said that an RV would rent for nineteen-hundred dollars.  That would be a much cheaper option, but would take at least a full day with two driver's taking turns.



Either way it must be hard taking your father home so he can die among family and friends!  They were all very nice and were taking it very well.  They were very brave considering their very difficult situation!

Have you ever been in a situation where you had to take someone home to die?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts