Parole Problems!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had arrived at our hospice at my regular time of nine-in-the-morning,  Saturday mornings is a great time for my schedule.  As soon as I got in and restocked the break room, one of the nurses told me that she had a mission for me.



One of the patients wanted to go out for a smoke break.  I walked into his room and he was ready to go.  He was able to walk, so we go out together to the smoking gazebo.  He had his cigar in hand and lighted it up right away.

We talked about a lot of things, but one of the subjects he talked about was his extensive prison troubles.  He served eighteen years of a fifteen year sentence!  I thought that that was kind of odd, so I had him explain it to me.



He received a fifteen year prison sentence for burglary of a habitation.  After four years, he got out on parole.  But, John stopped checking in with his parole officer, so they put him back in prison.  He was there for another five years before he got out on parole again.

He got out again, and then failed again to check in with his parole officer.  They again put out a warrant for his arrest and again put him back into prison.  This time until his sentence was finished, then they put him in a halfway house.



After John's halfway house stay was completed, he went on parole again!  This time he had an argument with his parole officer.  John told him that he only had two years left and he could hide for that amount of time!

For the last two years he had been working odd jobs and living on friends couches!  Until his heart trouble's began!  John's lifelong cocaine habit had damaged his heart and now it was failing.  That is how he had gotten on hospice care.  I told him that they probably don't care to pick him up again since his condition is terminal.  He laughed and agreed!

After he shared this story with me, John died four days later!

Do you know anyone on parole?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts