I Can Trust Them!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was sitting with a middle-aged man that spent eighteen-years in the Texas Prison System.  From what John told me, he is now wanted for probation violation..  I had just taken him for a long and pleasant smoke break in our smoking gazebo.



During the smoking break, he had told me all about his life-long drug abuse and the crimes he committed to keep that drug abuse going.  There were several times when he was running from the police due to parole violations.

That was the story of his life.  Running, hiding, and being locked-up for years.  He certainly lived a life of cops and robbers, literally!  Drug abuse requires you to pay a high price!



As we came up the back utility elevator, because his room is near that elevator, we walk by the nurses station.  They decide that it is a good time to give him him medicine.  One of the two medicines he is taking is morphine for anxiety.

Now we are back in the room,  John is laying back on the recliner in his room.  Its a back room, so it is peaceful and quiet.  I turns to me and tells me that the nurses are so nice to him!  He says that they are good to him and that he came trust them!  I thought that that was an awesome comment to make about our nurses.



After John shared this story, he died four days later!

Do you know of someone who has abused drugs?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts